Between back-to-school ads and early pumpkin-spice latte frenzy, there are some days in August that make it feel like summer is over before it even started. But if you still are itching to book a warm weather getaway, we have some good news for you.
“There are still plenty of flight deals across the country to take advantage of this fall,” says David Solomito, KAYAK’s vice president of North America marketing.
The experts at KAYAK, the travel search engine and fare aggregator, crunched the numbers and found that you can get tickets for less than $300 to warm weather spots like Los Angeles, Miami and New Orleans through November.
More of a sweater weather person? There also deals to places that cool off by early October, including Denver and New York.
Methodology: KAYAK pulled median flight prices based on all couch, roundtrip flights from the US with search dates between January 1 and June 15, 2017, for travel dates between September 15 and November 11, 2017.
- Denver has a median price of $186
- Fort Lauderdale has a median price of $200
- Chicago has a median price of $210
- Los Angeles has a median price of $217
- Orlando has a median price of $218
- Las Vegas has a median price of $228
- New York has a median price of $248
- Miami has a median price of $256
- New Orleans has a median price of $273
- San Francisco has a median price of $296